In conjunction with the annual theme, HRLA offers an educational workshop that brings to you well known speakers in the HR industry as well as a valuable opportunity for networking.
EDUCATION WORKSHOP 2015
Friday, April 10th (NEW DATE!)
Cost: $50, includes breakfast and snack break
7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
1960 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA 22102
Read about our Workshop Speakers HERE
Changing Dynamics of the HR Profession
Keynote: Colin McLethie, President, Five Ways Forward
• Understand the overall general landscape of the HR profession in today’s economy
• Understand the need to be a leader through purpose and presence especially during a changing environment
• Learn how to minimize the relentless focus on costs and instead focus on how to generate value in the wider business
Session Topics and Speakers:
Executive Presence:The "IT" Factor
Tujuanna Williams, Vice President, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Fannie Mae
Overview: This session is an interactive workshop that will identify for some, and develop for others the elusive concept we call Executive Presence.
• Bring clarity to the elusive concept we call Executive Presence
• Learn how to identify if you have the "IT" Factor
• Learn how to develop the “IT” Factor
Workforce Planning:Ensuring a Robust Diverse Talent Pipeline for Organizational Success and Employee Engagement.
Pamela Green, Private management consultant, keynote speaker, and published author
The Honorable Katherine McCary, President, C5 Consulting, LLC
Overview: In this dynamic session, two esteemed HR Professionals will share the importance of strategic planning for talent acquisition and retention resulting in organizational competence. They will share best practice recommendations drawn from years of experience in workforce diversity inclusion.
• Learn the benefits of strategic workforce planning and how to ensure the organization’s business direction is strategically aligned with its diverse human capital in today’s ever-changing business climate
• Understand the value of diverse and engaged talent for business sustainability and growth
• Leverage the NEW legal compliance requirements for federal contractors and subcontractors to advance disability and veteran inclusion
• Retention Strategies for Stay at Work, Return to Work, Multi-Generational workforce
Crucial Conversations:How to Navigate and Advise Others to Navigate These Discussions
Tory Ruttenberg, Principal, Ruttenberg Consulting
Overview: In this interactive presentation, we will develop and hone a skill that is key for everyone working in the HR field, namely how to address conflicts and potential conflicts in your organization.
• Learn how to identify when to have crucial/difficult conversations
• Learn how to facilitate those crucial/difficult conversations
• Understand how to advise someone else on having this type of conversation
7:30 am - 8:15 am Registration, Networking and Breakfast
8:15 am - 8:25 am Welcome/HRLA Overview
8:25 am - 9:30 am Key Note Address
9:30 am: 9:45 am Break
9:45 am - 10:30 am Executive Presence
10:30 am - 11:30 am Workforce Planning
11:30 am - 11:40 am Break
11:40 am - 12:25 pm Crucial Conversations
12:25 pm - 12:30 pm Wrap Up